Latest news, quotes, and thoughts:
May 12, 2013LEGS AND FEET
With so many of us doing work either standing (especially on concrete) or sitting most of the day, it is important to be aware of the health of our feet and our legs.
When our feet have very thick calluses, it is important to occasionally have them reduced either by a podiatrist, a foot care professional or with regular care with a pumice stone. If a thick callus develops a crack, the chance for infection and other complications can develop. These can be very difficult to heal especially for diabetics.
For leg care, the use of support hose or compression hose will reduce the development of varicose veins. Even while flying, compression hose helps keep legs in a healthier state. After a prolonged standing or sitting it is also a very good idea to stretch the muscles and (careful if you have certain health conditions, such as high blood pressure) then elevate the feet.
August 2, 2012Health is in the eye of the beholder. The more you can see yourself healthy, then the more you tend to work on fulfilling that image.
Remember, that having great health requires thought and determined action. Exercise, eating well and learning to relax are key. When you have overexerted or injured areas, massage can help bring the body back towards balance. Indulge in treating your body to a massage and move towards a healthier you.
YOU DESERVE IT!
January 3, 2012HIGH-RISK HEADACHES TO REPORT TO THE PHYSICIAN:
• There is onset of a new headache after age 50
• There is onset of a new or\different headache
• The client reports the “worst” headache ever
• There is a recent history of acute head trauma
• There is onset of a headache that steadily worsens
over time or worsens with exertion, coughing or straining
• The headache is associated with changes in
neurological status, such as drowsiness, confusion, weakness, ataxia and loss of coordination and deep tendon reflexes or Babinski response
• There is a new headache in a person with cancer or
• The headache is associated with fever and neck
• The headache is associated with hypertension
• Pain of headache is in the temple area and pulses in
time with the heartbeat and is over 50 yoa
• The headache wakes you up from a deep sleep